April 10, 1989
The Nihon Ki-in
(May 15, 1989 conduct)
The Nihon Ki-in and Kansai Kiin decide to revise The Nihon Ki-in Go agreement that we established in October, 1949 and establish Japanese Rules and Regulations here. This agreement must be applied based on good sense of person of game of go and mind of mutual trust.
- Article 1 (game of go)
- Go competes for art of both on board during "until stop of game of go" of Article 9 from competition start for the purpose of competing for the number of "the ground", and "game of go" means that we start during "until end".
- Article 2 (start)
- As for both playing go, the other party can set out having Shiraishi one one by one mutually in Kuroishi.
- Article 3 (we wear and light)
- It is length and breadth 19 road, point of intersection 361, and, in the on a board, stone can start all of vacant point (it is said as follows with "empty point") of points of intersection as far as we can exist on the board in line with Article 4. "We wear, and point where we started is called point".
- Article 4 (existence of stone)
- As far as one stone is next to the street, and, after completion of start, have sky point; of on a board; wear, and shall exist at point, and stone which there is not of such sky point cannot exist in on a board.
- Article 5 (take)
- When stone of the other party cannot exist on the board based on preceding article by one start, we shall take up all of stones of the other party, and this is called "Hama". In this case we assume completion of start with point in time when we took away stone.
- Article 6 (kalpa)
- Form that can get back one stone of the other party in turn is called "kalpa". Person who had kalpa stolen cannot get back the kalpa by the next start.
- Article 7 (life and death)
- As for the stone which can produce 1, stone which is not taken by start of the other party or stone not to have stolen by the other party newly even if taken, it is said with "becoming permanently free from danger stone". Stone except becoming permanently free from danger stone is called "killed stone".
- We cannot perform 2, recovery in the same kalpa in case of life and death confirmation in the "stop of game of go" of Article 9 back. But we can take the newly kalpa after having abandoned start because of each of kalpa which person who had kalpa stolen gets back.
- Article 8 (the ground)
- Only, on the other hand, it is said with "eyes" at sky point which we surrounded with becoming permanently free from danger stone, and it is said, "it is no use" at sky point except eyes. Becoming permanently free from danger stone having no use is called "cough stone", and eyes of becoming permanently free from danger stone except cough stone are called "the ground". One point of the ground is called "glance".
- Article 9 (end)
- 1, one abandon start and become "stop of game of go" when subsequently the other party abandoned.
- After 2, stop of game of go, both sides confirm life and death and place of stone, and game of go is finished by agreeing. "End" means this.
- When one calls for the reopening of game of go after 3, stop of game of go, the other party must accept this having right to arrive first.
- Article 10 (determination of victory or defeat)
- After 1, agreement of end, we just take away killed stone of the other party in the ground and add to Hama.
- We fill place of other party with 2, Hama and compare the number of both grains and do much with victory. In the case of the same number, we assume draw, and "draw in go" means this.
- When one makes an objection about 3, victory or defeat, both sides must reconfirm victory or defeat by reproduction of game of go.
- When it is after 4, both sides confirmed victory or defeat, no matter what happens, we cannot change this victory or defeat.
- Article 11 (resignation)
- But we offer own defeat and can finish game of go in the middle of game of go. "Resignation" means this. The other party is called "chuosho".
- Article 12 (no game)
- When we produce state of the same situation repetition during game of go, we do with no game when both sides agreed.
- Article 13 (both defeats)
- After 1, game of go stop of Article 9, person of game of go discovers effective start and does with both defeats when we cannot agree for end because the start is concerned with victory or defeat.
- When stone on board moves during 2, game of go and game of go goes, we return stone which moved to arrival at point of the cause and continue. In this case, we assume both defeats when person of game of go cannot agree.
- Article 14 (we lose by foul)
- When one is against the above-mentioned rule, it becomes defeat at that point if before both sides confirm victory or defeat.